CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
UGANDA GREEN ENTERPRISE FINANCE ACCELERATOR (UGEFA)
Application Deadline: 30 April 2021
WHY APPLY TO UGEFA?
We improve access to finance for green enterprises in Uganda.
Access interactive, group-based business development support focusing on financial readiness and growth
Match with UGEFA partner bank to access discounted loan of UGX 36,700,000 – 367,000,000
Receive 1:1 business advisory to invest in growth and scale impacts while managing loan
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
Receive confirmation email with platform login
Access platform & submit full application*
* Note: The full application can only be accessed once you meet our initial eligibility requirements after registering here: ugefa.eu/register. After submitting this registration form, you will receive a notice via email if you have successfully met our eligibility criteria and, if eligible, will be welcomed to submit a full application via our platform.
WHAT BENEFITS DOES UGEFA OFFER YOUR ENTERPRISE?
Apply to join our catalyser support (6 months) with loan facilitation programme and benefit from:
1 Catalyser Support
- Customised business development support from expert Business Advisors focused on developing growth and financial plans to successfully scale your business
- Interactive workshops with easy-to-use, practical tools – tested and proven by green entrepreneurs around the globe – to prepare and manage your growth
- Peer-to-peer learning and networking with like-minded entrepreneurs
- Showcasing your enterprise during high-level events and ongoing ecosystem building activities
2 Loan Facilitation **
- Privileged access within UGEFA pipeline to debt finance offered through our partner banks – partner banks to be announced!
- Discounted loan of between UGX 36,700,000 – 367,000,000 to support investment needs where 1/3 of total loan amount is repaid directly with UGEFA grant contribution, thereby reducing total principal and interest repayment amounts
- 1:1 business advisory within additional Accelerator Support to invest in growth and scale impacts while managing loan
** Note: Enterprises must meet partner bank requirements in order to receive an UGEFA-facilitated loan. Accelerator workshops are provided to all enterprises that have successfully matched with an UGEFA partner bank after completing the Catalyser programme.
Register for UGEFA now at: ugefa.eu/register
Submit your full application by 30 April 2021
– Sign up for an Information Session at https://adelph.it/ugefainfo
– Enjoy Youtube videos with tips and tricks on submitting a successful application at https://adelph.it/ugefaapplicationtips
We accept enterprises from across Uganda and will be hosting workshops in Fort Portal, Mbale, Gulu and Kampala. Our Programme Office is located in Kampala at the offices of our implementing partner Finding XY. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +256 759 681 506.
Is this an opportunity your network could benefit from? Help us spread the word and share this document with relevant people and organisations in your network.
SUPPORT FOR UGEFA
The Uganda Enterprise Finance Accelerator is a four year project funded fully by the European Union. It is implemented by adelphi research gGmbH, a public policy consultancy and think tank focused on climate, environment and development based in Germany, and Finding XY, a business consultancy based in Kampala. The programme is implemented in collaboration SEED, our Partner Banks and Business Advisors.
In collaboration with
Do you offer tourism services (such as accommodation, tours or excursions) that support local communities while protecting wildlife and natural landscapes?
Do you manufacture products – beauty products, processed foods (like coffee or honey), fuel or textile fibres and more – that are made from organic or environmentally friendly inputs?
Do you offer transportation or mobility that reduces pollution, uses energy efficient technologies and is more accessible to your community?
Do you collect, process and transform waste by offering waste collection services, building materials or products from reclaimed sources, generating fuels such as biogas, producing organic fertilisers, and more?
Do you offer clean energy options that use solar energy, biogas, clean cookstoves or cooking fuels, and more – including for households or institutions like other businesses and schools?
If your business is active in one or more of these areas, we are looking for you to join the Uganda Green Enterprise Finance Accelerator (UGEFA) and benefit from improved access to finance through our finance-focused business development support. We believe in power of small and growing enterprises like yours to drive the transition to an economy that is inclusive and environmentally sustainable in Uganda.
By joining the UGEFA programme, together…