What is GEW ?
Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) is an international initiative that introduces entrepreneurship to young people in six continents. GEW emerged in 2008 as a result of Enterprise Week UK and Entrepreneurship Week USA 2007. Since its creation, more than 10 million people from roughly 180 countries have participated in entrepreneurship-related events, activities and competitions during GEW.
This annual event occurs over the span of one week and includes the participation of millions of entrepreneurs, investors, policymakers, researchers, educators, entrepreneurship support organizations and interested individuals. Currently, 165 countries celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week running national campaigns that generate approximately 35,000 events, activities and competitions.
14th – 20th November 2022
This November 14th-20th,2022, Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) will rally almost every nation in the world to empower entrepreneurs and encourage citizens to become starters – finding new and better ways of doing things. In the wake of the pandemic and its impact, GEW 2022 is also a call to action for societies to be resilient and come together in leveraging the power of new ideas and innovation for the benefit of all.
HowCan You Participate?
- As a business support organization, simply create a virtual or physical event to be held anytime between 8th and 14th November.
- Add the Global Entrepreneurship Week logo and use the GEW tags.
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your event details (use the activity sheet below) and we shall add it to the GEW marketing blitz.
- As an entrepreneur, simply post pictures or videos of your products and tag us using #GEW2022 , #GEW_Ug and we shall automatically pick you up.
Join The Social Media Campaign
- Record a short video answering a variation of the questions below.
- Describe your “Aha” moment.
- What made you want to become an entrepreneur?
- Was there a specific “Aha” moment that catapulted your career into entrepreneurship?
- When did you realize you were an entrepreneur?
- Keep the video between 30-40 seconds, filmed in one continuous shot looking directly into the camera.
- Start your video with a pause for 2 seconds, then start with the statement: “I realized I was an entrepreneur when ______.”
- End your video as follows, “My name is ______” then pause for 1-2 seconds and say, “I am an entrepreneur.”
- Post your video on social media with the hashtags,#GEW2021 #GEW_Ug and #IAmAnEntrepreneur
- The best video will be featured on the Global Entrepreneurship Week website and marketing blitz through social media, radio and newspapers.
To Mark GEW Week 2022, We want to share your journey to success. What made you want to become an entrepreneur? Was there a specific “Aha” moment that catapulted your career into entrepreneurship? When did you realize you were an entrepreneur?
GEW 2022 Partner Activities
GEW 2021 Partner Activities
Through The Lenses: GEW 8th – 14th November 2021
Pocket Education Uganda co-founder Cynthia Abito, who is a Yali and Makerere Alumni, founder of an NGO, and is a 2021 Tony Elumelu Foundation Disruptive Entrepreneur joins in celebration of the Global Entrepreneurship Week 2021 by sharing her “aha” moment to start a business. Pocket Education Uganda: https://pocketedu.co/
Cosmetics and Electronics Business man Sentino shares his “aha” moment that arrived to him during an Enterprise Uganda Business training for Refugees living in Uganda. He has managed to establish a business and joins us in celebrating the Global Entrepreneurship Week 2021.
SACI Innovation Uganda founder Racheal Najuko, who is a Woman in Business joins in celebration of the Global Entrepreneurship Week 2021 by sharing her “aha” moment to start a business and what gave her the courage to venture into her own business.
Norman Nimumanya, is the CEO of Nonix Group Ltd a fully incorporated company that owns a booking platform in the names of Uganda Bookings that helps people to easily locate places of residence and accommodation across the country and joins us to Celebrate